Pasadena, CA asked in Contracts, Business Law and Civil Litigation for California

Q: Advice to sue Production company used our space without location release, caused criminal damage and harm to reputation

2 Lawyer Answers
James R. Dickinson
James R. Dickinson
  • San Bernardino, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: More information is needed, but you could have a good case against the "production company." Speak with a local attorney regarding your options. [I litigate cases. Anything posted here must not be construed as legal advice, nor as grounds for forming an attorney-client relationship. You should seek an attorney for formal legal advice and representation.]

A: I need some clarification in order to give you a meaningful answer. What do you mean by "space" (indoors, outdoors, built up?); what do you mean "without location release" (other than someone "said" it could be used but the "permission" wasn't in writing)?; what do you mean by "criminal damage" (unless you mean intentional--though that might not rise to the level of "criminal") (and, if you have corrected the damage, what did it cost you; and, if you didn't, can you estimate the cost to repair the damage?); and why do you think it caused harm "to your reputation"? When a production company uses a location it generally becomes more valuable.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.