Montclair, NJ asked in Criminal Law, Employment Law and Employment Discrimination for New Jersey

Q: I have a complaint against my employer for harassing me through text messages calling me names and stalking my house.

I need to know what the exact statutes are in the state of NJ and details to file the claim. I’m also not sure if I can file other complaints about her?

1 Lawyer Answer
H. Scott Aalsberg
H. Scott Aalsberg
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • East Brunswick, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: We are not allowed to give you specific legal advise on this website or for that matter anywhere on the internet. Just like a doctor cannot tell you how to perform an operation. What I can tell you is that the general statute for harassment in NJ is 2C:33-4. If you need specific information on how to do something legally, I suggest that you setup a consultation with a lawyer. It may cost a few bucks for the attorneys time, but it may be well worth it in the long run.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.