Sacramento, CA asked in Child Custody, Criminal Law and Family Law for California

Q: How have my father charged with molesting my child.

How do I get the courts to charge my father with touching my child before and during him having guardianship in Nevada. Me and daughter currently live in cali and he now lives in Utah. I won getting the guardianship terminated June 2019 shortly after her returning home I knew something was off about her she told me her papa touched her. She had an interview but didn’t give much details I guess. Cali won’t do much due to the fact it didn’t happen here. He continues to go threw the courts to get guardianship which was denied then visitation which was denied, again I have told the judge (same for all cases) about this and they seem to not care. Now today I get an order to change visitation to 1 weekend monthly in sac, we live in Olivehurst. I honestly feel the courts are failing at keeping my child safe and thinking about her best interest. My daughter 9 wants nothing to do with him. Shes embarrassed to talk to any1 about abuse. I justice for her and for him to pay for his crime. Thanks

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Private citizens cannot prosecute crimes. However, you can speak with the police department and the prosecutor (DA) and ask them to prosecute the crime.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.