Asked in Traffic Tickets for Maryland

Q: What does improperly use of equipment mean in Maryland?

I received a speeding ticket June 2021 in Virginia during an emergency! I live in Maryland. I went to court for that ticket and explained the situation too the judge, and he dismissed the case! I find out today that I have a non violation on my driving record for improper use of equipment in Maryland! I don’t understand what happened, if he dismissed the case!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Towson, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: It could be an error. You should go to the Clerk's office and have them pull the file. The judge makes a handwritten decision and you can see it.

Of course, I am assuming that you are saying that you went to court for the improper use of equipment charge in Maryland and it was dismissed. You are referring to two different cases: (1) a speeding ticket in Virginia and (2) improper use of equipment in Maryland. They appear to be unrelated.

If you are saying that you went to court in Virginia for speeding and the judge dismissed it, but now an improper use of equipment charge appears on your Maryland record for the Virginia case, then you will need to contact the Clerk's office in Virginia and get a copy of the disposition paperwork.

If you have questions, contact an attorney who can guide you in the right direction.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.