Gresham, OR asked in Real Estate Law, Environmental, Land Use & Zoning and Small Claims for Oregon

Q: Can I take action about a neighbor's overgrown thorn bushes that keep trying to infect my back yard and attach my trees?

His backyard is Completely infested with with thorns and doesn't do anything. He is also scary and constantly verbally abusive to his own family, so talking to him is out of the question.

1 Lawyer Answer
Katherine Goodman
Katherine Goodman
  • Real Estate Law Lawyer
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: Without more information on the location of your property, if you have any agreements on whose responsibility it is to maintain the bushes, where the bushes are located, if you have any or need any easements, it is hard to say what your next step could be. However, if you have not spoken with a local real estate attorney you should do so, as they can help determine if sending a letter or determining your rights and risks of any next steps.

Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.