Oregon Land Use & Zoning Questions & Answers

Q: My husband inherited piece of rural property with known encroachment and building was to be torn down at buyer expense.

2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning, Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Oregon on
Answered on Feb 2, 2018

Your post is confusing because you talk about inheriting property then switch to talking about something being torn down at the "buyers" expense. So somehow there are two pieces of property and a Well on one property and the adjacent property has "well rights" of some sort. Not sure what the county wants you to do but I am guessing that you want to sell some parcel of property that has a "well rights" issue and the county wants that resolved. All I am going to throw out here is have you...
View Details »

Q: In 2008, I bought a lot with a retaining wall built into an easement. That wall is failing. Can I fix / replace it?

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and Land Use & Zoning for Oregon on
Answered on Jul 5, 2017

You posted this question to Oregon Lawyers as in the State of Oregon. Try posting it again so it gets sent to lawyers in Wisconsin. Also, speaking generally as a lawyer (in Oregon), it sounds like the type of problem you really need to discuss face to face with a lawyer in an office. Justia is only meant for getting general advice to help look at problems from a legal perspective. It is not really meant to give you a definitive piece of legal advice in your particular situation. Lawyers...
View Details »

Q: I'm a hobbyist woodworker, what are the rules in place for collecting fallen trees in Oregon?

1 Answer | Asked in Agricultural Law, Land Use & Zoning and Environmental for Oregon on
Answered on May 10, 2017

Hello. For information about personal firewood collection in Oregon forests you can access this link:

View Details »

Q: I own multiple shares of Weyerhaeuser REIT. Could I be arrested for trespassing or do I have a right to access the land?

1 Answer | Asked in Land Use & Zoning, Criminal Law, Real Estate Law and Agricultural Law for Oregon on
Answered on Oct 19, 2016

Owning shares of a real estate investment trust doesn't necessarily mean you own a particular parcel of land. (For example, if you owned 2000 share of Coca Cola stock you couldn't walk into their head quarters and demand to read the secret formula for Coca Cola.) You should have the right to inspect the trust holdings however. Why don't you just contact the administrators of the trust and ask them if you can have access? If you run into problems then contact an attorney.

Q: In Oregon can 3 adults a baby and a dog legally live in a one bedroom apartment?

1 Answer | Asked in Land Use & Zoning for Oregon on
Answered on Feb 26, 2016

Depends on the city: http://www.sightline.org/2013/01/02/the-roommate-gap-your-citys-occupancy-limit/

Fire code may also then have limits based on the number of bedrooms.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.