Sparks, NV asked in Divorce for Nevada

Q: I am in a verbally abusive 50 year marriage and want a divorce. What do I need to do?

He has Company Stock options, am I entitled to 50% of the stock value?

I am scared for my well being financially.

Can he take all the money out of our savings account?

How can my son. Nd daughter-in-law get be removed as Financial Power of Attorney?

Medical I Power of Attorney for my husband?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bonnie M Lonardo
Bonnie M Lonardo
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: Nevada is a community property state and all assets and debts acquired during marriage are subject to equitable distribution. Also, depending on your situation, alimony/spousal support may also be something that you could be entitled to.

It is best to speak to an attorney to be sure that your rights are being protected.

Janice Jacovino agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.