Yakima, WA asked in Criminal Law for Washington

Q: I need to know how to help my girlfriend get out of a dv assault 4 on me. We can just end the relationship and her not

We were just arguing and she also has a drug problem as well as mental issues and has been off her zannex for a long time and it makes her a bit off the handle i dont want her to be in jail but just not be together any more. How can i help it be ended

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Patrick Owen Earl
Patrick Owen Earl
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Moses Lake, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: Sounds like you are alleged victim of an assault case and you would like to inform the prosecutor of some change or something different. It is a GOOD idea before you do this to contact a criminal defense attorney FOR YOURSELF so that your interests are protected and you don't get yourself jammed up because of change of your story that was told to the office at the time of the investigation. This is important because you may be subject to charge of false reporting or something. Did you write out of statement to police at the time of the investigation???

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.