Dallas, TX asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Texas

Q: Should I have to pay for a bond on my dad's estate if I'm the only child and the will was forged and I have proof?

The will that his sister presented was forged and I hired a guy to prove that so I'm contesting the will but the atty I have is saying that I am going to have to put up a bond on the house since I'm contesting the will and she is trying to sell for only cash illegally plus she has taken 153,000 dollars in stocks of my dad's but I'm the only child I need some advice please quickly

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: It depends on what the bond is for. Your attorney may be seeking a TRO (temporary restraining order) or temporary injunction to prevent the sale of the residence. Such legal action requires a bond or cash deposit in lieu of bond. An alternative that will not require a bond is a notice of lis pendens. Your attorney should be able to explain which option is best for you based on the particular facts of your situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.