Asked in Criminal Law for Arkansas

Q: In 2010 I signed for 5 yrs and 15 suspended in Arkansas I served 4.5 yrs went flat in 2016. In 2021 I was set up by my e

X girlfriend on a purchase of 14 grams of meth that she begged me for I had someone else deliver to her now they are trying to give me all of my suspended sentence from 2010

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Lane Hughes
Richard Lane Hughes
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Little Rock, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: I don't see a question here. If you have a suspended sentence pending and are convicted of a subsequent offense or fail to abide by the conditions of your suspended sentence, you are subject to that suspended sentence being imposed. Think of the suspended sentence as a probation type sentence.

"My girlfriend begged me for the _________" is not a defense. Arguably, there might be an entrapment defense but the nexus between your girlfriend and law enforcement would need to be great and a fact finder would have to believe that you would not have committed an offense absent the enticement of your law enforcement girlfriend.

You should hire an attorney or the Court will appoint an attorney to represent you.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.