Denver, CO asked in Contracts, Estate Planning, Landlord - Tenant and Probate for Colorado

Q: How do I revocate a contract / remove the trustee from trust/estate/property/etc.??

Acting as Durable POA for my incapacitated father, (with no limitations at all) - him being grantor of 1/2 a living trust within the family, I have been rejected 90% of the time I make a decision "as if I were him". Trustee will not respond to me at all or respect any of my father's final wishes

1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Joseph Larranaga
Michael Joseph Larranaga pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Parker, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: I think you need to determine if the trust is revocable or irrevocable. If it is an irrevocable living trust then you may not have the authority to do anything as that authority may rest with the trust administrator. I am in no way an expert in trusts but you may be able to find some information pertaining to the trust in the county clerk and recorder's office. I have seen trust records filed there on occasion. Regardless, talk to an attorney specializing in trust and estates.

Please be aware that any answer is based on all the events occurring in Colorado. Further, please be aware that this is not legal advice. This is generic information intended to help the reader develop questions to ask an attorney when they are ready. Each case is different. Anyone reading this answer in need of legal advice should contact an attorney.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.