Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Juvenile Law for Arizona

Q: My significant other of 9 yrs. Daughter is claiming that my dad who has been deceased and I have sexually assaulted her.

I have a child of 7 with my partner. I have not been contacted by any officials for 11 days now. They have not as much as called me.

1 Lawyer Answer
Steven Scharboneau
Steven Scharboneau
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Anthem, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: These types of allegations are very serious and can have life altering consequences. If you are being accused of this, I highly recommend reaching out to an Arizona criminal defense attorney to discuss your options right away. Most of us on here (myself included) will discuss your case with you free of charge.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.