Bidwell, OH asked in DUI / DWI for Ohio

Q: Can I sue my attorney for malpractice for not filing proper papers on ovi case?

I paid a attorney to handle a ovi case in ohio. And we went to court and the ovi case was knocked down to a M1 physical control. But when I asked the attorney to file papers to have the administrative suspension lifted from the license I keep getting a run around. The attorney either doesn't answer my calls or return my calls. And when I do hear from someone they tell me they are waiting on city solicitor office. And when I go to city solicitor office they don't tell me anything because I have a attorney. Is there anything I can do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: The ALS suspension should have been terminated by the judge when the court sentenced you on the physical control violation. When a judge sentences an offender on an OVI or physical control violation, he or she is required to impose a court ordered suspension as a result of the conviction. The ALS, now redundant, is terminated and the defendant is typically credited with the time served under the ALS against the court ordered suspension. You should check with the clerk of courts to see if that happened.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.