Miami, FL asked in Family Law and Child Support for Florida

Q: Wanting to ask if you're close to the ending of a family court case, all needs to be done is the proposal and

Child support agreement.The mother lawyers are being rude, won't answer any questions due to the missing of one payment the price is ridiculous so I am wanting to ask if i we can continue the case with out the lawyer they have already because they put into withdraw. Would the mother be able to represent herself for the last part and if so what are the proper steps for her to follow since she's not able to continue to afford the lawyers?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: No person is required to have a lawyer to pursue a divorce case. The question that you have asked is very broad. My recommendation is to speak with a local family lawyer for more specific advice. Look for someone with a free consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.