Garland, TX asked in Divorce and Family Law for Texas

Q: I need to postpone my divorce

My husband has bipolar disorder. It is serious he can act normal, but he is not in the right frame of mind. I need to find out how to stop and pause. he missed our daughters graduation that is way out of character for him. I do not have peace with this right now. I have to postpone it I don’t have a lawyer I let him drain everything the car everything because he’s that sick I’m not enabling he is a great man. I can’t have peace with it until I know he’s stable.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: The answer depends on the current state of your case, the court it is in, and the particular facts and circumstances of your specific situation.

The first and most important thing you can do is hire an attorney with experience in family law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.