Pataskala, OH asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Ohio

Q: Is my daughter’s mother allowed to withhold my visitation for COVID scares and positive tests even though I was exposed?

My 4 year old was exposed (supposedly) on Friday, but had surgery on her arm on Saturday, with no precautions taken by the hospital. I spent all day with her and her mother in the hospital on Saturday. Now, the mother states my daughter has tested positive and refused to appear at our exchange claiming our daughter was in quarantine. I have already had COVID, months prior. With the new precautions related to COVID, is she allowed to do this and not grant me make up time? This is the 3rd time she has done this and stated sicknesses are not required to be made up.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nicholas P. Weiss
Nicholas P. Weiss
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cleveland Heights, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: No. The covid emergency orders explicitly stated that you could NOT do this. If she is doing this in violation of a parenting order then you can file a motion to show cause.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.