Anderson, IN asked in Criminal Law, DUI / DWI and White Collar Crime for Indiana

Q: Can anyone help me ?? 2 lawyers have withdrew for bigger permenent jobbs which i guess i undwrstand I need lawyer &advic

owi, i have epilepsy. went long enough to get my licence, it had been years since one, my doc lowered it by 200mg and i felt it coming on so i pulled over parked at a bussiness. its complicated, my doc and my polypharmacist have both stepped in but after 1st lawyer left the 5 days ago now 2nd leaving , but but both doc and phar they have both provied documentation i havent went to court excpt 5 days ago for continuence. I AM NOT someone just posting a crazy ??? I actually need help help the prosctr is so happy tht each lawyers have left they became judges i get it but omg . If anyone could reach out and ask me to contact them for more info i would be forever greatful your time will not be wasted. Thank you bless you. V Blu. spelling is do to limited space im not, ya know i read and write educated but also panicking. Thank you

1 Lawyer Answer
Joel D. Hand
Joel D. Hand
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Indianapolis, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: It sounds as though there is at least a possibility that you may have a defense to one or more of charges that you could be facing but there is not sufficient information in your post to know for certain. I strongly recommend that you reach out to an experienced OVWI/criminal defense attorney who regularly practices in the county where your case is pending. Clients with operating a vehicle while intoxicated (impaired) with a controlled substance in the body who also have valid prescriptions for the controlled substance that appeared in they blood draw may have a valid defense but it will take an attorney with the necessary training and experience to appropriately defend you.

If you are not able to find an attorney on your own in the county where your charges are pending, you may want to contact that county's local bar association for a referral.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.