Capitol Heights, MD asked in Traffic Tickets for Maryland

Q: Can I dispute the ticket for a School Bus Monitoring Violation?

I was right in front of the bus on the other side of the road when the stop sign of the school bus starts to flash. There were cars behind me and if I make a sudden stop the car behind me would hit me. The video shows the car behind me had not stop too. It was 7:23 am on a two way road on a morning rush along Whitfield Road in Lanham MD.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Towson, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: You can request a trial and go to court. If it was a camera ticket, the judge can watch the video and you can testify. The judge will decide whether you had time to stop.

If a police officer gave you a ticket, you should definitely request a trial and go to court since this ticket carries points and a hefty fine. If the police officer does not appear, you will be acquitted. Otherwise, you can have a trial.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.