Asked in DUI / DWI and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Mississippi

Q: I recently went through a road block, possession of less than one gram. What are my options?

Recently went through a road block were I was asked if I had been drinking or smoking that even, to which I answered “smoking yes earlier”, and was asked to get out of my vehicle. Officer claimed he smelled burned marijuana in my vehicle, and upon his search, nothing was found. Less than one gram was taken off of my person. I plead not guilty in court for reasons of said dui? What are my options and or next steps I can take? First offense on both.

1 Lawyer Answer
Christopher Kittell
Christopher Kittell
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Hernando, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: Hire a DUI attorney near you. He or she should be able to get you probation (if not an outright dismissal) since it’s a first offense.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.