Greensboro, NC asked in Lemon Law and Contracts for Florida

Q: My son bought his first car from dealership in FL he owes a few thousand left found multiple issues what can be done?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Your son needs to schedule a consultation with an attorney for review of the purchase contract and the history of the situation. What his consumer rights are depends on a number of factors, especially the terms of the purchase contract and warranty, if any. Regarding the $$ he still owes, if that it owed to a separate lender/finance company, that company is not at fault for seller's wrongdoing or negligence, so ceasing payments to them, in most cases, is not an option.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.