Irving, TX asked in Family Law for Texas

Q: What can I do if the person that has my son terminates our visit every time she doesn't like something

I get supervised visits but the lady gets mad when my son calls me mom or I let him she screams at him saying I am no one to him and if I allow him to know I'm his mom she will terminate our visits yesterday she made a huge seen at the park screaming in front of all the kids and my son he was crying saying he wanted to stay so she told him not to play or talk to me. I've been in recovery over a year and she knows that but she was screaming saying he's not your son your on drugs in front of him and everyone

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sharita Blacknall
Sharita Blacknall
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You can file a motion to modify and ask to change the person who supervises.

You may also be able to get off supervised visitation if you can show that it is no longer necessary.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.