Little River, SC asked in Adoption and Family Law for South Carolina

Q: My Daughter is using her Biological father last name(Were not married)..What to do my husband wants to adopt her?

She is using her biological father last name and His name was written on her Birth.I am not married with his father and He is in other country.How can I terminate his parental right when He never give child support.

I am married for 4years and My Husband want to adopt my daughter,Do we still need documentations from Her Biological father?What should we do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Megan Hunt Dell
Megan Hunt Dell
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Charleston, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: First, you should understand that allowing your husband to adopt your daughter and changing her names are separate requests for relief.

Adoptions require very strict compliance with notice and service requirements to be valid. To determine whether you will need to give notice to your daughter's biological father, you will need to seek the advice of an experienced adoption attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.