Ashtabula, OH asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Family Law and Child Custody for Ohio

Q: what can be dismissed in the appeals 11th.district ohio permanent custody from my case

from the date of filing of permanent custody to evidentiary hearing was 314 days. Magistrate was wrong on more than four reasons she used to determine her decision for permanent custody to agency. The judge would take over a year and status hearing to address case and grant CPS permanent custody. He added things as to his reason that do not even exist

1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: The court of appeals could reverse the lower court. In order for that to happen you need to promptly file a notice of appeal and then a brief. It would be a good idea for you to hire an attorney to help you with this.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.