Continental, OH asked in Libel & Slander for Ohio

Q: Good morning, can I sue a manager at a restaurant or calling me out of my name and texting about me being a drug abuser

I went to Wendy's alone from one of my friends which was $60 and he gave me another $20 so that I could put gas in my truck he's for my truck payment and that I needed to do and I couldn't afford to make a late payment so I went to my friends Wendy's and the manager said that I was tweaking whatever that is I mean I should have looked at it probably but and call me a b**** and asked what I was doing up there and also fired my friend so I'm just wondering can I sue this happened Fri now mind I've had numerous people come up to me some I know and some r random people I'm a pretty popular person in this town omg the humiliation and also her threats of eating me up if she sees me in public I know it sounds Petty but I just am pretty traumatized because I don't even know who the lady is to be ridiculating like this and firing my good friend and it's just it was just a very very harsh night and she called me I guess a tweaker and I looked it up an that is a person on methamphetamines I'm tr

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Ohio attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. You could reach out to discuss with attorneys who handle defamation cases. However, keep in mind that these types of cases are not generally handled on a contingency basis. That means attorney fees could be due at the end, win or lose. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.