Lexington, KY asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Kentucky

Q: My husband passed away 10 years ago I never went to probate court but now I need to to be able to transfer a old motorcy

Probate said I need to get all his biological children over 18 to sign off on it but his 3 older ones won't saying they would be signing their rights away to my house. But deed states that if either of us dies first house goes to surviving spouse. Do they have right to my house in my passing to take

It from our children he and I had together we were married 32 years and house is still being paid on by me souly

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: They have no right to you house as it passed to you pursuant to the deed. Ask if you can do a dispense with administration. If not, you will have to file to open probate and get appointed administratrix in order to sell the bike. In any event, his adult children probably get nothing.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.