The deed was recorded in Nov. 2019. Will that property be inventoried by her state appointed administrator?
answered on Feb 14, 2020
Once the deed was filed it was not part of the estate anymore.
answered on Feb 3, 2020
It depends if your mother had a will or not and also how the house was titled at the time of her death.
Was her estate ever probated?
Also, the house could've been titled in joint names with someone else at the time of her death.
If you are a beneficiary under her... Read more »
In my will, my two children will get 95% of my estate, and the remaining 5% will go to my four grandchildren. BUT, all my annuities, bank accounts, CDs, etc are POD to my two children. So how will my grandchildren get anything at all?
answered on Jan 17, 2020
A simple way to accomplish this is to use a testamentary trust. This would take effect at the time of your death and the monies would be paid into this trust that would then be managed by a trustee to make sure that it got to your grandchildren. This trust would then be funded by you out of your... Read more »
He has stage 4 cancer, hospice is in, and he is no longer able to leave the house. He wants to get his will done so there is no fighting. He also owes a bit on his house but wants to transfer the home to his daughter, can this be done? Lots of questions but hope to be guided in the right direction.... Read more »
answered on Nov 15, 2019
There are certain requirements for the execution of the will that are not written in the scriveners handwriting.
One is that it needs to be witnessed by 2 separate independent witnesses.
I would recommend contacting an attorney in determining if in fact they could come to the house.... Read more »
answered on Nov 5, 2019
There are several questions that need to be asked.
How much money is in that account?
Did she have any other property?
Did your grandma have a will?
If not her inheritance would be governed by the Ohio laws of intestate succession.
So the next question would... Read more »
answered on Oct 11, 2019
There are a few options available; however, a trust is one of the best options when estate planning for addicted relatives. There are several forms trusts to consider and each has pros and cons. A trust will enable you to put spending authority in the hands of a trustee who will control any... Read more »
Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.
The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.
Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.