Rehoboth, MA asked in Child Custody for Massachusetts

Q: Daughter qualifies for pro bono lawyer. But is on waiting list. Very abusive husband, 4 children, no money. Suggestion

Husband criminal record for physical abuse in NY in 1999, and then had probation revoked, same. Different woman, no recent record abused my daughter physically and emotionally for 14 yrs. Daughter got retraining order, but withdrew it. Husband retaliated and had her arrested after she dropped restraint, he never appeared in court against her. He filed for divorce 3 to 4 times starting with when oldest child was enfant to control her. Left to work that AM, kissed her goodbye, told her he loved her and then she was served. He is a true narcacist in the legal term. He has done the full "love bombing" and circle of abuse and control. They have 4 sons. During covid, he threatened to kill her if she didn't leave, verbal recording (he was unaware of) strangling her in front of the children. She left, afraid to report it, no money, homeless. She is fighting to get her boys, he earns 350,000 yr, parents home. Both cohab others, he is turning boys against her. He uses the court system

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: Because there is an asset involved potentially she may not qualify for free legal services, but she should definitely try to obtain same ASAP! There could be a Motion for Payment of Counsel Fees with the filing of a Divorce Complaint and other motions for relief, so that husband would be ordered to contribution to her representation to even the playing field.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.