Jacksonville, FL asked in Contracts and Real Estate Law for Florida

Q: I've been buying a house from an individual or contract is listed at the courthouse she's refusing payments

She returns by payment for the last 2 months she will not communicate with me she's telling me to get out of the house she wants to move back in it I've spent three years fixing up this house it didn't have Plumbing floors anything when I bought it now that I put thousands in it she wants to move back in it and tell me to get out she's ignoring the contract we have and I just got a bill for taxes on it and it's not Homestead I have the paperwork for a lawsuit against her for breach of contract but I'm not sure how to fill it out thank you

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Barry W. Kaufman
Barry W. Kaufman
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: PLEASE DO NOT do this yourself. Hire an attorney.

Michael Mayoral and Barbara Billiot Stage agree with this answer

Michael  Mayoral
Michael Mayoral
  • Coral Gables, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You absolutely need an attorney to handle this for you. The contract and real estate law issues you are dealing with are fairly complicated. There is unfortunately no way to give you a direct answer or guide you through the process through here due to the issues involved. You should at least set up a free consultation with a couple of attorneys who handle breach of contract and real estate litigation cases.

Barbara Billiot Stage agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.