Harlingen, TX asked in Estate Planning, Family Law and Elder Law for Texas

Q: Does POA give me the right to keep one of my dad's daughters away?

I have durable POA and medical POA. My dad's daughter recently started taking him to appointments and taking him out. Then I found out that she added herself to his bank and was controlling his money.. Do I have the power to keep her away from him? If I don't, what can I do to keep her away from him.. or maybe do supervised visits?? What can I legally do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Penny Wymyczak-White
Penny Wymyczak-White
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: It depends on what the POA states, Find out id your dad knows she put her name on his account, You may want to open a new bank account for him,

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.