Brattleboro, VT asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Massachusetts

Q: I pay child support weekly to my ex for our two kids. She requested a joint account for sports. She ask to up the sport

account monthly. Which I did. Our children are 14-16 she has now interfered with my custody cause I moved in with my Girlfriend. Now wants to modify the agreement so I pay more on top of the sports account. Because she has made it so my girls won't come visit me. Changing the child support from $250.00 to $425.00 a week

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: The Court can award a Modification of child support if material income changes have occurred and sharing of living expenses is a change in circumstances that may justify Modification.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.