Sacramento, CA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for California

Q: Ex husband has not seen our child in a year . He claims I won't allow him to see our child

He has not tried to arrange any visits . Our visitation order was from when child was a toddler so the visit hours are doing school time . I offered different hours but he does not show up . He also doesn't call him and doesn't check up on him. What should I do ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tobie B. Waxman
Tobie B. Waxman
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Culver City, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Why do you need to do anything? You have court orders and he doesn’t comply or try to accommodate your child’s changing schedule. Is there a motion or hearing pending? You could file a motion to modify the existing orders on the grounds that the previous orders are now outdated and do not work with the child’s schedule/school schedule. The question is the same however; why do you need to do anything?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.