Riverside, CA asked in Personal Injury, Wrongful Death and Insurance Defense

Q: I am sued for personal injury, property Damage, wrongful death, but no one died. What can I do if I was at no fault?

House was being auctioned for tax Lien , branch broke by an act of god which hit power line and pulled metal pole down. The pole landed on a vehicle in which supposedly someone was struck (this did not happen on my property). The wound (which was 1cm in length) was adressed with dermabond then given Tylenol and sent home. Medical records stated patient felt better, showing normal activity while supervised in emergency room and felt no head or neck pain. There are a few defendants being sued , with accusations that someone tree trimming on my old property cut the branch and this whole incident happened. That due to our negligence ,this person will not be able to provide for themselves because of physical and emotional trauma. I have no legal representation , and have no clue as to what I should and should not do.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP. This whole thing has caused for me to have anxiety, I'm severely depressed and I'm constantly nervous. I have no income and am homeless.

1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Jonathan Sabbeth
Michael Jonathan Sabbeth

A: I'm very sorry to hear about your predicament. The best thing you can do is to inform the insurance company that insured your house/the property at the time of the injury. Typically, they will handle the defense of the case, even hiring and paying for a lawyer to defend you. I hope this is helpful. Best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.