Asked in Divorce, DUI / DWI and Personal Injury for Tennessee

Q: I am attempting to divorce my wife and take custody of the child. However, my wife is threating suicide if I divorce.

My wife has conducted drunk driving and just did drunk driving again for the second time with my son. She got in a wreck with my child in the back seat. She also has been physically abusive to me by throwing candle holders and putting hands on me. I am in the military and I am trying to figure out how to divorce my wife and take custody of the child while also trying to protect my wife from killing herself.

1 Lawyer Answer
Cayley Turrin
Cayley Turrin
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Franklin, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You should talk to a divorce lawyer immediately.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.