Washington, DC asked in Child Custody for District of Columbia

Q: How do I get permanent shared custody of my 6 y/o daughter?

Greetings: My 6 y/o daughter's mother and I have temporary shared custody and have been to court three times to make the 50/50 arrangement permanent. Her mother has recently filed a restraining order prohibiting me, the father, from seeing her prior to a court hearing on Dec. 6, 2022. I want to stop the madness that is destroying my daughter's childhood, sense of safety, and well-being. I require representation during all court appearances going forward to secure my paternal rights and access to my daughter. Also because I've not been able to represent myself successfully. Please advise, and thank you.

Desperate Father

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Laurence L. Socci
Laurence L. Socci
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Washington, DC

A: I'm not sure there is a question here, but I can tell you, as an attorney who only represents men in custody cases, men often have an uphill battle in DC domestic relations court. I am happy to offer a consultation to you. I can be reached at (202) 262-5843 or laurence.socci@soccilawfirm.com.


Laurence L. Socci

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.