Elgin, TX asked in Contracts, Family Law and Landlord - Tenant for Texas

Q: I am needing to know if the lease my brother had written up is good. I can send an unsigned copy. I can explain my ?

My son at the age of 36 has been living with me for over a year. My brother is now trying to remove him from my home and property I live on. I have paid an additional $100 for December rent. According to my new lease my son is considered a guest and will only get to stay thru December. I also would like to know if he can make me leave in a week if either of us break the lease? I'm hoping that he is putting into his lease things he isn't allowed to. Or if there is a way that I can make him change some or all of it. He has put things in each of his leases for his rental properties to suffice him and his wants. I found out that my brother has to give my son the shed he built, but my brother won't and keeps saying my son is stealing pieces off of the shed. This is why my lease does not show my son on it. Can you please help me out with this?

1 Lawyer Answer
Penny Wymyczak-White
Penny Wymyczak-White
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You can retain a lawyer to review the lease, My case is the fee will be about $175.00

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.