Miami, FL asked in Divorce and Family Law for Florida

Q: Is it possible make a write agreement with my ex husband before get divorce . ,

We have a restaurant business together

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Parties are able to enter into written agreements prior to getting divorced. Speak with a local family lawyer for more specific advice.

Michael Ferrin
Michael Ferrin
  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: There are two types of agreements that may pertain to your situation. If you do not intend to file for divorce, but are planning just in case of divorce in the future, you can enter into a post nuptial agreement to address certain issues. Post nuptial agreements are similar to prenuptial agreements in that they address marital interests and rights such as the division of assets, debts, alimony, and other issues in order to reduce or eliminate the need for litigation in the event of a future divorce.

If divorce is immanent, then you may want to consider an uncontested divorce. This would involve both you and your husband entering into a marital settlement agreement to resolve the issues involved with a divorce.

We would highly recommend you speak to a qualified attorney to discuss your options in greater detail.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.