El Dorado Hills, CA asked in Criminal Law for Nevada

Q: How is it legal for Nye cnty to have my partner in custody since July 23 without a court date? Can't get lawyer to reply

My partner is being held in Nye county, NV. There is no date on calendar for him and we can't get a hold of his attny. Both he and I have contacted his office and left multiple msgs with the receptionist for him to contact my partner. The last time he saw a judge was in district Court directly after his psychedel and they transferred his case back to justice Court but didn't give a date .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA

A: you need to ask this of Nevada, not Calif lawyers.

if you keep calling I'm sure you will have no trouble making an appt with a lawyer...........if you are in a position to retain one.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.