Phoenix, AZ asked in Divorce, Family Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and Banking for Arizona

Q: I went through a divorce I couldn’t afford a lawyer all the things that my x wife acused me of were all lys for 38 year

The judge ordered everything in half but she has two bank accounts she didn’t put on table and I was the one paying for everything i didn’t know that she is a covert narsiste I was Being abused for20years and everything was about my youngest son and I didn’t even get the chance to say that I was being monopolize by my son x wife I was confused and I couldn’t think right I had 5000dollar saved up to get implants but she abonden me she kept coming to the house to have relations she usted something I couldn’t let go to make look I was the problem I been going through alote of things that they are doing to me toget what want she keeps telling me to put the house under her name and she let me stay in one the back rooms I tell her that if I do that when she will get mad she will kick me out in the street she has protected order she kept coming to the house when I wasn’t here going through my papers and she did it couple more time i that she couldn’t do that and she had bring a

1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen M Vincent
Stephen M Vincent
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: I'm not entirely sure what you are asking.

If you discovered bank accounts that were not included in the Decree, you can ask the Court to revisit the Decree and include them as after-discovered assets.

If you feel you were shortchanged because you didn't have an attorney, that might well be the case, but it is not the basis for an appeal.

If you feel you deserve more because you were mistreated, that also does not come into play because, under Arizona law, property is to be divided without regard to marital misconduct.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.