Orlando, FL asked in Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for Florida

Q: I was towed in 2020 on jan 20th in new hampshire. The tow was illegal. Is there anything i can do? My vehicle was damage

I was at the gas station to buy wine. The attendant thought i parked illegally. I went across the street to sign out from work. I had forgotten to sign out. I came back and the tow truck was there. The vehicle was not hooked yet. The cops pulled me from.my vehicle and injured my leg giving me blood clots til this day. They took my keys and gave the driver. I drove a ML350 mercedes and needed a flatbed. The damages cost me about $1700

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Yes - for the police misconduct causing physical injury, search for a New Hampshire civil rights attorney. For towing company's negligence causing auto body damage, set up a claim with the towing company's insurance company (no attorney necessary, unless towing company refuses to disclose insurance co. info). Regarding wrongful towing (separate from auto body damage issue), whether there's any worthwhile remedy depends on NH law, so, there again, contact a NH attorney. Since you posted from Fla., mainly Fla. attorneys (who can't practice law in NH) will view your post. Try the Justia find-a-lawyer button to find one in the vicinity of your incident.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.