Asked in Family Law, Real Estate Law and Probate for New Jersey

Q: I want to present the NJ Law on Adm'n of Estates for Reprobate in the Philippines. Where can I get an official copy?

The Philippine law on evidence requires an authenticated copy of the said law to be presented in court as proof of said foreign law. I am wondering how to obtain said official copy. Is it enough to print it myself and have the same Apostilled before the NJ Dept of Treasury, or is there a proper process I have to go through to get said official copy?

1 Lawyer Answer
Morris Leo Greb
Morris Leo Greb
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Rockaway, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Either from or Thomas Reuters that owns Westlaw. West Publishing is located in Eagan, Minnesota.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.