Peoria, IL asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Domestic Violence and Federal Crimes for Illinois

Q: I got a car n put n kids name n umdrive under her cuz I'm revoked. I paid 4 this car n she got mad at me n reported it s

Stolen. Im disabled n won't survive prison. She also put a op on me. She's extorting me I was told n is becoming extremely ruthless she even admits the car is mine n had til Jan 5 to get it out of her nane

1 Lawyer Answer
Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Wheeling, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: You clearly need an attorney to handle your criminal cases, especially given the circumstances, as you stated yourself you are facing with a possibility of imprisonment.

Also, it you cannot afford an attorney ask the judge to appoint a Public Defender to represent you at no charge if deemed indigent.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.