Foley, AL asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Support for Alabama

Q: NCP owes me roughly 36 thousand in arrears. He has been making his monthly payment as ordered but I would like to know

If I can collect on some of the delinquent monies owed. If so what do I need to file? Also I dont feel DHR is really on my side. NCP is lying about his income I have shown them where he has spent 70 thousand dollars in 2 years buying property but only claims 18 thousand a year.

1 Lawyer Answer
Hayden Glass Sizemore
Hayden Glass Sizemore
  • Montgomery, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: You can file a petition to modify support to include an additional amount for arrears. There is a "do it yourself" petition available from the Alabama Office of Administrative Courts.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.