Charlotte, NC asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for North Carolina

Q: Can I file a grievance against a 3 Georgia deputy sheriffs for not allowing me to attend my brothers funeral.

1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Douglas A. Petho
Mr. Douglas A. Petho
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: It is understandable that you would be upset if you were not allowed to attend your brother's funeral. If you wish to file a grievance against the deputies, you may be able to do so through their employer, the sheriff's department. You can try contacting the department to find out more about their procedures for filing a grievance. It may also be helpful to speak with an attorney or a legal aid organization for advice on how to proceed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.