Brooklyn, NY asked in Foreclosure for New York

Q: A judge had a court order for the other party to do by the next court Date on the next court dates it was adjourned

5 more time and then that judge that gave the order was no longer the judge and the new judge ignored the previous judge order saying it’s wasn’t on e- filing to review and then did a summary judgment

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Daniel Michael Luisi
Daniel Michael Luisi
  • Licensed in New York

A: You did not ask a question. If you are unhappy with the progress of your case, that is understandable given the situation you described. But other than the fact of several adjournments and a summary judgment ruling against you, you have not presented any facts which an attorney can analyze. Just criticizing the new judge is a non-starter. Consider retaining an attorney; it appears you are in serious need of professional assistance.

Carl Nelson and Steven Warren Smollens agree with this answer

Carl Nelson
Carl Nelson
  • Foreclosure Defense Lawyer
  • Rye Brook, NY

A: I agree with Mr Luisi’s response. Also, depending on where the case is procedurally and on what happens with the summary judgment motion, you may at some point need to consult an attorney about a bankruptcy filing if you need to stop a foreclosure sale and resolve the mortgage issue(s) in bankruptcy court.

Daniel Michael Luisi and Steven Warren Smollens agree with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.