Chicago, IL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Kentucky

Q: Can I legally be taken to court by one who lied to hospital to get drug addict baby released to them?

She gave birth on cocaine,courts placed kids with us.She skipped all court.Years later taking me to court for custody.Failed to mention she and her mother lied to hospital saying kids lived with ME to get baby released.They both skipped court.Now I pay a lawyer for court she’s dragged me into as if she never did the crime and her mother who co-signed the lie to doctors is appointed ‘supervisor of visitation’ between us.It feels like a fictional movie.Is this even legal?I plan on speaking the truth come trial but want to know-by law,does the judge have to address it?Isnt it a serious crime to commit fraud in the hospital situation?Theres a list of other things but I’m thinking this is the rock solid angle.Am I wrong?Im hoping the judge will learn of this and it will disqualify them and I also hope she will have to pay our legal fees.Am I wrong?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Yes. She can take you to court if she is the mother of the children. Yes. It is legal. If her request is denied or determined frivolous, you could be awarded your attorney fees insured.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.