Delray Beach, FL asked in Family Law and Child Support for Florida

Q: Hi, Can Florida Child support file a case for child support when there's an open case in the courts waiting for mediatio

The father has the child and pays $2.00 monthly per court order. the father reopened the case, which is pending Mediation, can he go to Depart of Revenue Child support program and have them put on new case for child support from the mother if there's already a judge court order for him to pay and the first case is still open.


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If the Department of Revenue has started a separate case you may need to ask the court to consolidate the cases. Whichever case began first would normally take precedence. You do not need to litigate child support in two separate cases. Speak with a local family lawyer for more specific advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.