New York, NY asked in Banking for Massachusetts

Q: Who or what type of law do I need for chase bank reporting my payment late without viable legal warrant. Who do I call?

Submitted a car payment to Chase Manhattan bank the same way I had previously got a confirmation receipt cheat code never was notified by Chase that the payment wasn’t received or did not go through so the next month I made the payment the same way and at that point was notified of the issues until 59 days past due. I have proof from my bank they never submitted a transmittal code for the debit deduction via the system used as electronic check payments system. I contacted the bank immediately was assured that it would be taken care of multiple times on multiple different recorded phone calls. Had to order copies of the electronic checks along with a statement from my bank stating there was no reason why if they submitted it correctly or at all, would my funding financial institution have no records of this?? Provided written proof from Chime bank that there’s money to cover the cost, I have proof I’ve successfully made same payment . Checks are unable to process & return to sender

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Christopher Tolley
Christopher Tolley
  • Boston, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: If I understand correctly, you have made payments and submitted documentary evidence but Chase refuses to credit the payments to your account. Try contacting the Massachusetts Attorney General's consumer assistance division.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.