Springfield, OH asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Custody for Ohio

Q: my parents are getting dicorced soon and idk how to convince the court in unsafe at my moms and abused with no pictures

the divorce might be this summer but idk, im scared my dad wont get custody and my mom will hurt me for trying to live with him, i never get a chance. to record her or anything and she isnt psychically abusive, but i have been sent to mental wards twice because of the stree, im only 13 and i want to be emancipated even

1 Lawyer Answer
Nicholas P. Weiss
Nicholas P. Weiss pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cleveland Heights, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Your father needs to seek a guardian ad litem to represent you in the divorce. Talk to the guardian once they are appointed and tell them this information. It is very likely that the guardian will recommend custody to your father if they hear you say that, even without proof.

If you are concerned for your safety or health because of your mother, call clark county CPS 937-327-1748 or 800-516-3463.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.