Johnson City, TN asked in Real Estate Law for Kentucky

Q: House next door abandoned 1.5 years when my neighbor passed. Beautiful 1940's bungalow. Since then, druggies have made..

House next door abandoned 1.5 years when my neighbor passed. Beautiful 1940's bungalow. Since then, druggies have made it home.

BeenVerified tells me AmeriSave made the mortgage in 2018. I emailed them, said the house was being ruined and I was interested in buying it.

Bank emails me back and says they sold the mortgage. But the new lender's name is confidential. I asked for her supervisor and was refused. I asked if they would forward my info to the current mortgagee. That too was refused. Why all the drama with this? Thank you very much.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery

A: If you are really interested in buying the parcel, then hire a competent KY attorney to search the Title. That should disclose alot about who owns it and what loans are secured against it. Then you can pursue it if you want.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.