Asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Florida

Q: What state would I need to hire a lawyer to have firearm rights restored if I was convicted in nc but moved to fl?

Conviction was non violent, I compleated my probation in nc and then moved to Florida. I'm not sure if I would need to hire a Florida lawyer or a nc lawyer to have 2nd amendment rights restored.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You're assuming you must hire a lawyer, which is not necessarily the case, but a lawyer could do the "homework" and communications for you, saving you time. As to where you need to initiate the process, it's likely in the State where you were convicted. Read the entire page at:

Therefore, if you feel you need a lawyer, start with consultation(s) with lawyer(s) in the area where you had your criminal case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.